This year, more than 5,200 children will experience homelessness in Indianapolis.
That’s why School on Wheels provides one-on-one tutoring to children in grades K-12 throughout Indianapolis. We ensure these children get the support and tools necessary to achieve academic success and help them realize the value of their education in breaking the cycle of homelessness.
Your business can make a difference by participating in the #FallforSOW Corporate Donation Drive! August 15 – October 15, 2016
Companies participating in the #FallforSOW Corporate Donation Drive drive will challenge employees to donate fruit snacks and gift cards to School on Wheels.
Gift cards in any amount from stores including Walmart,Target and Amazon help School on Wheels purchase materials including backpacks, uniforms and school supplies for students in our program.
Students who are hungry have difficulty concentrating, so we give out snacks each night at tutoring – and fruit snacks are most requested by students. We strive to provide nut-free snacks to all students, so please check labels on any fruit snacks that you purchase! Brands that provide nut-free fruit snacks include:
• Welch’s Mixed Fruit Snacks
• Mott’s Medley’s Assorted Fruit Flavored Snacks
• Sunkist Mixed Fruit Snacks
• Annie’s Organic Fruit Snacks Variety Pack
How to Participate
- Encourage employees to bring in donations of fruit snacks and gift cards between August 15 and October 15.
- Follow us @indysow on Twitter, and we will follow you back!
- Tweet a photo of the donations collected each week; mentioning @indysow and #FallforSOW. Encourage participating employees to tweet about their participation as well!
- School on Wheels will retweet and promote your company’s Twitter account and #FallforSOW posts throughout the contest to our over 3,600 followers!
- The company that collects the most fruit snacks and the company that collects the highest value in gift cards will each receive recognition in School on Wheels’ newsletter, Chalk Talk, and will be recognized at the 2016 Education Panel.
How to Get Started
To participate, contact Shalyn Getz, SPOKES liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.