“The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.” -Vince Lombardi
School on Wheels is a fun, friendly and impact-driven work environment. We look for talented and focused individuals to help us break the cycle of homelessness in Indianapolis.
Director of Programs
The Director of Programs is responsible for overseeing all aspects of programs including managing program staff, establishing goals and outcomes and implementing initiatives to achieve strategic goals. The Director is responsible for collaborating and engaging with community partners to support the mission and programs of School on Wheels. This role guides the strategy of educational programs to most effectively impact students, parents and partners.
- Directly supervises the program team.
- Provide vision, plans, oversight and analysis of all programming.
- Oversee strategy of logic model process.
- Create, define and monitor programmatic goals and outcomes.
- Implement program objectives outlined in the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure accuracy of program data and statistics.
- Present to potential corporate, educational and community partners to help create awareness of School on Wheels.
- Create Service Agreements with School on Wheels partners and client agencies and meet bi-annually to review.
- Create year-end snapshots.
- Collaborate with COO to develop and manage the program budget.
- Develop and manage partnerships with corporate, community and educational organizations that benefit students in tutoring and beyond.
- Ensure appropriate professional development opportunities for all program staff.
- Act as the School on Wheels management team liaison for CHIP.
- Work with the COC-Blueprint to End Homelessness Committees.
- Collaborate with Director of Grants and Communications on marketing and awareness projects, including agency brochures and videos.
- Assist development team by identifying partnership opportunities with donation and networking capacity.
- Assist development team with grant development and benchmark reports, including CDBG quarterly reports.
- Assist development team by overseeing and providing accurate and up to date statistics, stories and info. about programming to assist with grant/donation opportunities.
- Manage the marketing, nominating and selection processes for the Education Champion Award.
- Engage School on Wheels students in Education Champion educational opportunities.
- Engage the Education Champion in School on Wheels initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, social work background preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to speak before large groups.
- 7-10+ years of management experience.
- Program development experience, including creating and monitoring goals and outcomes.
- Excellent relationship skills and ability to work in a dynamic, flexible environment.
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have strong problem solving and decision making skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Possess initiative and the ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Kate Hussey, COO, at email@example.com.