It seems like last school year just ended so it’s hard to believe that soon our students will be heading back to class and tutoring for another full year of learning!
While we’re already half way through July, we’ve only just been able to finalize all our grade data from the recently completed school year. As you can imagine, it’s an in-depth process to collect and calculate grades when serving children who attend 78 different schools. But after some intensive number crunching, our staff discovered some impressive data and are thrilled by the wonderful success our students achieved this year.
Thanks to our tutors, donors and staff for making these amazing results possible!
- 100% of students increased or maintained grades in any one subject area at some point throughout this school year.*
- 99% of students increased or maintained grades in any two subject areas at some point throughout this school year.*
- 98% of students maintained a C- or better or improved in one core subject area at some point during the year.
- 91% of students maintained a C- or better or improved in two core subject areas at some point during the year.
- 95% of students believe their tutors help them learn.
- 100% of parents feel more hopeful about his or her child’s progress in school because of School on Wheels.
- 98% of parents feel comfortable talking with School on Wheels staff about their child’s education.
- 96% of parents say that School on Wheels tutoring has been a positive experience for their children.
*Maintained grades were only counted at a grade of C- or higher.
(Core subject areas = English/Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies)