We are fortunate to work with agents of change every single day. Whether they are organizations with a mission to do good, or individuals who wake up each day with the goal of transforming their community, we couldn’t do what we do without them. And without them, the world wouldn’t be quite as good, either
While we are always looking for more people to volunteer and donate to School on Wheels, there are lots of other opportunities to add positivity into your everyday routine. When everyone gives a little more, the world is transformed into a truly wonderful place.
Here’s our inspired list of six ways to add good to the world.
1. Become a RAKtivist. That’s RAK for Random Acts of Kindness. If you want to live kindness each day, visit randomactsofkindness.org.
2. Use your voice to amplify someone else’s. Is someone trying to share a powerful message about a topic that you believe needs more attention? Today you have more platforms than ever before to share messages, whether volunteering to speak to others about the issue, or using social media as a platform to share with your followers. Just ask the person or organization how you can help them share their message before you get started.
3. Use your skills to help a great cause. Catchafire is a skill-based volunteer matching program. There are hundreds of projects from organizations around the world to choose from. They range from business plan writing to website development to marketing projects. Your skills can help transform a budding organization and make them capable of accomplishing so much more!
5. Meet someone new. Whether you ask how a stranger’s day is while in line at the grocery store or you pay for their coffee, you are engaging meaningfully with another person and passing along kindness. Each day, take a moment to meet someone new. The more people realize there are lots of good people in the world, the better our world can be.
While those are some long term things to think about, here is a quick way to easily give back in the next week!
6. Dine out at Zaxby’s next Wednesday, August 17, from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. to help raise money for CHIP, the Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention. Present the flyer to the cashier and 20% of all sales will be donated to CHIP! Be sure to invite your friends as well.
Thanks to all the people who bring kindness to School on Wheels and our community every single day! We are so honored to work with them and were inspired by them to create this list of more ways to add good to the world!