What a night we had at the Barton Center last Monday for our annual holiday party for families living there! Thanks to our friends at Royal United Mortgage (RUM) and their employees with hearts of gold, we were able to throw a simply fabulous party at one of our tutoring sites. The party benefitted kids who otherwise would not have had such a bright holiday season. RUM sponsored the party with a catered pasta bar, cookies to decorate, crafts to color, a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus, and family photos.
There was even a Secret Santa Shop so the kids could select a gift for their parents, and a bag FULL of gifts individually selected for each child! In addition to being the sponsors, they also selflessly volunteered to spend their evening with the Barton families at the party to make it truly magical. I was so thankful I got to be there and witness this amazing event. It is hard to choose a favorite moment from the night, so here are the top ten quotes I heard on Monday night…
1. Ms. Karen, is there a limit to the amount of sprinkles I can put on my cookie?
2. Dude, I think that is really Santa!
3. My little brother has more frosting on his vest than on his cookie.
4. I’m not very good at wrapping presents. My mom will definitely know this came from me!
5. I can spell lasagna. Wanna hear?
6. Aiyeeeeeeeeee! (Happy, loud screech after opening a Paw Patrol truck.)
7. I didn’t know Santa had a wife??!
8. Do we have a writing prompt tonight?
9. I know my mom will love this gingerbread house kit. I bet she will share.
10. Thank you, Royal United Mortgage!!!
Again I say, oh what a night! We at School on Wheels are SO thankful for RUM and all of our supporters who make our programs possible throughout the year. We wish you a wonderful holiday season, and we can’t wait to see all our students, families, and tutors again in the New Year!