“The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.” -Vince Lombardi
School on Wheels is a fun, friendly, and impact-driven work environment. We look for talented and focused individuals to help us break the cycle of homelessness in Indianapolis.
School on Wheels is hiring a part-time Education Support Coordinator for 12-15 hours per week.
Education Support Coordinator Job Description
School on Wheels provides one-on-one tutoring and educational advocacy to students and their families experiencing homelessness. Program staff work diligently with families to ensure that they are able to overcome barriers to achieving academic success.
We are looking to hire a dedicated staff member to work with the families we serve.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Oversee the School on Wheels programming in assigned site/homeless shelter including intake, tutoring and working with families to achieve educational goals
· Conduct intake meetings with families as they engage in programming
· Establish and maintain communication with parents, teachers, and partner staff to support student academic achievement; Establish goals and plan for families as they relate to the education of the child
· Create Individual Tutoring Plans for students enrolled in tutoring based on student grades/data and input from parents/teachers/partners
· Attend meetings at school or other service providers as needed to support the student academic progress
· Provide daily support to volunteer tutors
· Monitor the effectiveness of the tutoring program (including distribution of surveys when required), and make adaptations when necessary to meet individual student's needs
· Serve as the primary point of contact with site staff regarding clients' arrivals and departures, changes in the tutoring schedule, changes in policies/procedures, or other issues
· Ensure that all data (volunteer and student attendance, parent meetings, school interactions, etc.) is accurately entered in the appropriate database on a weekly basis
· Communicate appropriate feedback, information, and School on Wheels activities to volunteer tutors by email or phone call.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience working with K-12 students preferred
· Experience working with low-income or homeless families preferred
· Participation in continuing educations programs as requested
· Must be available Tuesday-Thursday from 3:45-5:15pm for onsite tutoring
· Must have 12-15 hours available each week, including some daytime hours
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Please send your resume and cover letter to Erin Brown, Education Director, Shelter-Based Services. email@example.com
Not quite the right opportunity for you? Check out some other ways to get involved.